Manoa is a wealthy university town, home to the University of Hawaiʻi’s flagship campus. Manoa Marketplace is the central shopping hub with a twice-weekly farmers market. Set in a valley with regular rainfall, the area is abundant in botanical gardens, rainforest hikes, and old-school Hawaii homes. This tropical paradise is only 3mi (4.8km) from Downtown Honolulu.
Distance from Waikīkī to Mānoa: 15-minutes drive
Things to Do in Mānoa
- Hike the Manoa Falls Trail (temporarily closed)
- Go Forest Bathing in Lyon Arboretum
- Pop into Choco leʻa boutique chocolate shop
- Have a cup of coffee at Morning Glass Coffee & Cafe
- Visit Manoa Valley Theatre, Honolulu’s off-Broadway playhouse