Mākaha is a neighborhood of surf beaches, the last outpost on the Oʻahu’s West Side. The only thing beyond this town is Kaena Point State Park, a wild coastline park with hiking, picnicking, and shoreline fishing opportunities. There are vacation rentals available in this area, just be aware that you are quite far away from everywhere else on the island.
Distance from Waikīkī to Makaha: 60-minutes drive
Things to Do in Mākaha
- Soak up the sun, sand, and surf at Makaha Beach
- Look out for surf events held on Makaha Beach every year
- Arrange an offshore scuba dive to Makaha Caverns
- Watch the sunset from Yokohama Bay
- Hike the Kaena Point Trail