There’s no mistaking Honolulu’s metropolis on the southern shore, but Oʻahu’s North Shore is the complete opposite. The top region of the island is laidback and feels like one of Hawaiʻi’s neighboring islands. In Hawaiʻi’s winter (Nov-Apr) surf’s up on the North Shore with waves as high as 40ft (12m). At this time, catch professional surfers from all over the world compete in surfing events.
Distance from Waikīkī to Haleʻiwa: 55-minutes drive
Things to Do in Haleiʻwa & Pūpūkea
- Hang ten in the historic surf town of Haleʻiwa
- Shop local brands at Haleiwa Store Lots
- Visit North Shore beaches, Sunset Beach, Pipeline, Waimea Bay
- Hike into Waimea Valley and enjoy a waterfall swim
- Venture off the beaten track to Mokulēʻia Beach Park