Oahu Neighborhoods > Manoa Neighborhood Guide
Manoa is a wealthy university town, home to the University of Hawaii’s flagship campus. Manoa Marketplace is the central shopping hub with a twice-weekly farmers market. Set in a valley with regular rainfall, the area is abundant in botanical gardens, rainforest hikes, and old-school Hawaii homes. This tropical paradise is only 3mi (4.8km) from Downtown Honolulu.
Distance from Waikiki to Manoa: 15-minutes drive
Things to Do in Manoa
- Hike the Manoa Falls Trail (temporarily closed)
- Go Forest Bathing in Lyon Arboretum
- Pop into Choco lea boutique chocolate shop
- Have a cup of coffee at Morning Glass Coffee & Cafe
- Visit Manoa Valley Theatre, Honolulu’s off-Broadway playhouse
Best Eats in Manoa
- Banan Hawaii: Dairy-free banana soft-serve
- FEAST by Jon Matsubara: Signature Lobster Roll
- Serg’s Mexican Kitchen: The flauta’s are great!
- Waioli Kitchen & Bake Shop: Brunch Wed- Sun (8am-1pm)
READ NEXT // Hawaii Kai Neighborhood Guide
Image Credit: Shutterstock/buraktumler