Company > Vacation Rental FAQs
Do I Need a Visa to Visit Hawaii?
There is an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) Visa Waiver Program that allows citizens or nationals of 39 countries to enter the United States (Hawaii is America’s 50th state) for the purposes of tourism, for a period of up to 90 days, without requiring a visa if they apply and are approved for ESTA. Think of it as a compulsory security check.
As of January 2020, the official ESTA website states you are eligible to apply for admission under the Visa Waiver Program if you are a citizen or national of one of the countries listed:
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Republic of Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom.
Beware of fake websites, if you are asked to pay more than $14 you are in the wrong place! This is the official ESTA website address: esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta
Apply for ESTA no later than 72 hours before departing for America. Real-time approvals are no longer available and arriving at the airport without a previously approved ESTA could result in being denied boarding.
Have your travel information handy for the online application including passport details, contact information, and address while in the U.S. (your accommodation). Take note of your ESTA reference number and travel with a copy of your approved ESTA.
If you are denied ESTA, or are not from one of the 39 countries above, please seek advice from your nearest United States Embassy or Consulate to confirm the process for entering America.
How Do I Make a Reservation?
You can easily make a reservation to stay in our apartments on this website. Head to our Book Our Apartments page, pick your property, hit the book button, and follow the prompts. You can also book directly from the apartment profile pages:
What Amenities Do You Provide in the Apartments?
You can expect these items in our apartments, no need to pack them!
- Bath, hand & wash towels
- Beach towels
- Comphy™ bed linens & pillows
- Body wash & bar soap
- Clothes rack & pegs
- Iron & ironing board
- Laundry detergent pods
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Toilet paper
- Aluminum foil
- Cling wrap/cellophane
- Olive oil
- Paper towels
- Salt & pepper
- Tea & coffee
- White sugar
- Kids books
- Kids dinnerware & cutlery
- Umbrella stroller (lightweight pram)
- Baby bath
- Grayco Pack’n’Play travel cot, mattress & fitted sheet
- High chair
- Beach/picnic blanket
- Beach cart
- Beach chairs & umbrella
- Beach cooler
- Sand beach toys
- Board games including Hawaiiopoly
- Oahu Revealed guidebook
- The Hikers Guide to Oahu book
- Franko’s Oahu Adventure Map
- All-purpose & bathroom cleaner
- Dishwasher detergent pods
- Dustpan & brush set
- Dyson vacuum (requires charging)
- Garbage bags
- Liquid dish & hand soap
- Step stool
What Is Your Apartment Cleaning Protocol?
The well-being of our guests is of the utmost importance. In response to COVID-19, we’ve created an enhanced cleaning procedure based on recommendations from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention).
- We ventilate the apartment before cleaning.
- Our cleaners wash their hands thoroughly before and after each cleaning.
- Our cleaners wear disposable gloves while cleaning.
- We clean, then disinfect the apartment.
- The cleaning solutions we use are at least 70% alcohol.
- We pay special attention to high-touch surfaces including doorknobs and handles, light switches, TV remotes etc.
- For soft surfaces like sofas, rugs, and curtains we use a disinfectant spray.
- All appliances are thoroughly sanitized.
- We wash and dry all linens and towels on the highest heat setting.
- We clean and disinfect the laundry baskets.
What Are the Check-In and Check-Out Procedures?
The check-in and check-out procedures at our apartments are contact-less. We leave the keys/fobs inside a lockbox on-site and about one week before your arrival we give you the lockbox code and provide you with instructions on how to find and access it.
Check-in time: 3:00pm / Check-out time: 10:00am
How Far Is Waikiki Beach From the Apartments?
Do the Apartments Include Parking?
Yes, our apartments include complimentary parking for the duration of your stay.
Are Pets Allowed in Your Apartments?
Sorry, we do not allow pets in our apartments.
What Are Your Accommodation Rates?
Our accommodation rates differ throughout the year based on seasonality.
- 1 // Oh-So-Close to Waikiki Beach Condo from $450-550+ per night + Hawaii State Taxes & Fees *minimum 2-night stay
- 2 // Simply Beautiful Waikiki Apartment from $250-350+ per night + Hawaii State Taxes & Fees *minimum 30-night stay
- 3 // Waikiki Beach Loft Near Restaurants from $400-500+ per night + Hawaii State Taxes & Fees *minimum 2-night stay
What Is Your Cancellation Policy?
CANCELLATION. Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking, as long as the Guest cancels at least 14 days before Check-in Date (time shown in the Booking Confirmation). After that, Guests can cancel up to 7 days before Check-in Date and get a 50% refund of the nightly rate, and the Cleaning Fee. No refund if Guest cancels less than 7 days prior to Check-in Date. A reservation is cancelled when Guest contacts Waikiki Beach Stays at +1 (808) 800-7665, +1 (310) 387-6887 or [email protected]
GUEST ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: By checking the box that reads “I’ve read and accept the terms & conditions” on the Make A Booking page, you hereby acknowledge and agree to said terms and conditions set forth and described in Waikiki Beach Stays Vacation Rental Short Term Lease Agreement. To view/save the Agreement in PDF format click here.
Should We Pre-Book Activities or Wait?
We recommend pre-booking your Oahu Tours & Activities. Here are the reasons why:
- Your time in Hawaii is limited and should be spent completely relaxed instead of worrying about finding a tour desk or wasting valuable holiday-time booking tours online.
- Hawaii is a busy destination year-round and popular activities can book out.
- If you don’t have some form of an itinerary to follow you are at risk of getting side-tracked, and subsequently missing out on the things you’d hoped to do.
- Arranging Hawaii activities before arrival means you can undertake research and look at reviews to make better-informed choices.
If you prefer to be more spontaneous on vacations, at the very least pre-book your must-do activities!
Where Do I Fly Into?
Do I Need a Rental Car?
Oahu is 44mi (71km) long and 30mi (48km) wide, it’s an easy island to navigate with three major highways (H1, H2, H3) and well-maintained roads. Hiring a car is a great way to explore Oahu, you can pick up a car at Honolulu Airport or rent one in Waikiki. However, Oahu has plenty of other forms of transportation too. See the Getting Around Oahu section for more information.